ABLA Christmas Toy Giveway
December 22, 2014
The gift portion of this year's Christmas event successfully took place over the weekend of December 20th at five parks encompassed in the areas we serve. We graciously distributed over 4,000+ toys!
Take a look at our Flickr page for more photos!
We would like to give special thanks to:
- Pete and Glena Carroll for caring so much about the L.A. communities and refusing to let the holidays go by without making gifts happen for the kids.
- Joe Mendoza and the Parks Dept, including Mike Ealey, Memo, and Yvette, for coordinating the logistics and helping make a safe and fun environment for the gifts to be distributed to the kids.
- Matt Ackels and USC Athletics Community Outreach (including Zach, Lily and staff) for hosting a great event for kids from our communities the previous Saturday, and working closely with us every day since then to help those kids get gifts.
- RACE, PCI, Innercity Visions, Crossroads, APUU, PCITI and their leadership in helping with the gift distribution on very short notice.
- Jim Veregge and Unified Grocers for helping with food for the kids.
- Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD)
- Anna Reynor from Discount School Supply
- Mark Funston and Ed Suadrio from Lakeshore Learning Materials
...and the A Better LA toy team for jumping in and making things happen.